Saturday, March 30, 2013

DC Injustice: Gods Among Us Action Figure List

If for some reason you haven't heard, Injustice: Gods Among Us is a new fighting game by published by Warner Bros. Interactive.  From the developers of Mortal Kombat, this is probably going to be a fairly decent game.  I would assume it will play like Mortal Kombat VS DCU, but hopefully a little better.  Here is the trailer if you haven't seen it:

UPDATE: Complete Playable Character List


It looks decent, I've been reading the coming for it, the story is intriguing enough to me, but the real appeal here is the toy line!

This figures seem to be very high quality.  I have about every Marvel Universe figures (except Vision!) and hopefully these are similar quality-wise.  From the pictures, they seem quite detailed and very articulate.  I have a few DC Infinite Crisis figures, and they are just horrible in every way.  I'm sure there are good figures in that line, but not the ones I have.  Other than that, if you have wanted DC figures in this size lately, you haven't had articulation.  Green Lantern and Dark Knight Rises both had toy lines, but the articulation is just as good as Power of the Force 2 Star Wars figures from the 1990s.  I wouldn't recommend those to anyone.

Not too much is known, and we don't have the entire line up listed yet.  They will be $29.95 for two figure packs.  That seems high, but if these figures are more detailed than Marvel Universe figures, I'll pay it.  They will apparently sell exclusively at comic shops and on the DC Online Store.

I did, however, find them on Big Bad Toy Store for $26.99 a piece.  Not much cheaper, but it would add up if you got them all.  Of course, support your local comic shop if you can.  I no longer have one to support unfortunately.  Here is the line up so far:


Black Adam and Aquaman

Superman and Nightwing

Wonder Woman and Solomon Grundy

Deathstroke and Green Arrow

Harley Quinn and Cyborg

The Flash and Raven

Some of the costumes aren't what I'm used to seeing, but I can easily forgive that to get a decent Nightwing and Solomon Grundy in this scale.  I can't wait for the Thing to fight Grundy and Daredevil to take on Nightwing.

I highly recommend checking out the comic if you plan on buying the game, it's a good read.  More on these figures when they come out!





No comments:

Post a Comment